Thursday, September 27, 2018

Lincoln Park Zoo

For those of you who don't know me well, you will by now, know that I am a photo junkie!  One of my favorite quotes is by Dorothea Lange,

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera!"

My favorite photography quote is by Annie Leibovitz,

"IT I DIDN'T HAVE MY CAMERA TO REMIND ME CONSTANTLY, I AM HERE TO DO THIS, I WOULD EVENTUALLY HAVE SLIPPED AWAY, I THINK.  I WOULD HAVE FORGOTTEN MY REASON TO EXIST!'

This is, to me what photography is all about!

Earlier in the week I took some time to go down to the Lincoln Park Zoo in Chicago. 


 As a photographer, I am always looking for new and different things to photograph, and new and different ways to to "frame" my shot.  This is a perfect way to frame something, with a natural frame or a man made one.

 In photography, light can be your friend or your enemy, too much light and your photo is washed out, not enough light and it is obviously too dark to enjoy, the key is finding the balance!


 Most of the time I prefer not to photograph people, unless I am getting paid, or, like in this case the person has no idea they are being photographed.
 Can you get the best shot every time?  I doubt very seriously anyone can.  This was my first attempt at getting a bee in flight.  Yes, I know I am just a little out of focus, but, other than that (Yes, I realize that is what it is all about), I really like this shot, but, what do you think?
 Cafe Brauer is located near the pond, this is a photo taken from that area.
 The beautiful City of Chicago with the reflections to boot!
 Something about this photo really stood out at me.  Yes I realize the woman in the background kind of takes away from the photo, but at the same time you notice the lion, totally oblivious to her being there!
 The lioness sleeps...


 One of my favorite shots of the day was this young giraffe, especially when he seem to be almost looking at the camera in the shot below.


Love this Rhino shot.  Next time I would love it if the wire wasn't in the way!

All around the Lincoln Park Zoo, there are great little flower bed.  Obviously this draws butterflies!

 As always, I hope you have enjoyed my photos and a little trip through Chicago's Lincoln Park Zoo.  I love photographing nature, wildlife and the great outdoors.  If you have suggestions where I should shoot, anywhere and everywhere, please let me know so I can put it on my bucket list!  Thank you again for viewing, and if you are interested in any of my photos, everything is for sale, please don't hesitate ro reach out.  I can be reached via email at mwnphotography@gmail.com. 

No comments: