Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Busse Woods

Hello again.  On Sunday Lily, Marilou and I participated in a charity Walk-A-Thon for kids in the ending stage of life due to severe illness.  Lily ran, I walked and joked while Marilou assisted getting stuff ready for the runners after the Walk-a-thon.  I had forgotten how nice Busse Woods is.  For lose of you not familiar with Busse Woods it is located in Elk Grove, IL just off of Arlington Heights Road and Higgins.

Yesterday I went back to take a more leisurely stroll, camera in hand of course.  Below you will find a few of my favorites from the walk.   Walking in to the woods, I had my wide angle lens on, had I had my Tarmron 70-200 mm (Zoom) lens on, there would also be a photo of a deer, no changing lenses when you are 20 feet from a deer, they move way to fast...

When I arrived, it was just as the sun was coming up.
Almost perfectly framed.
 Even weeds can be beautiful in there own way as seen by this milkweed above.
As a photographer, God's beauty can truly be seen in the morning light near water. 
 I love the reflections from the trees as full daylight works it way up.
Splash down!  For years I have hoped to get a duck landing in the water.  While not technically perfect, I think I did alright here, what do you think?
 After the water landing, the 20 or 25 ducks made their way up on land.    This one seemed to like the camera!
 Headed back for the day, I almost made the same lens mistake as on the walk from the car, but instead used my zoom.  As I was headed back I spotted this little bird that I was able to capture forever.
Does anyone know what these prickery weed below is called?  For some reason I just love the way they llok as they seem to be near the end of their life cycle.
Ok, this post is short and sweet.  Once again, as always, I thank you for viewing, and hopefully reading my thoughts.  Photography is my passion, and like anything one hopes to do well, it takes practice.  The best part of digital photography, is that, if you don't like the photo you can quickly dispense of it and move onto the next shot.  If you like my photos, reach out, please.  I can be reached, as always, via email (mwnphotography@gmail.com, or via phone at 847.636.9130.

Until next time...keep enjoying Busse Woods and the great outdoors.

No comments: