Sunday, September 23, 2018

Chicago at night...

As most of you know, I live in the Chicago area, about 35 minutes northwest of the city.  On the rare occasion that we get a great night, and I have the time, I like to go into the city to take a few photos, last night was one of those nights!


I started out my evening at Diversy Harbor.  For those of you non-photographer types, I had my camera on Bulb Mode.  The streak you see on the left side of the photo is actually a helicopter in flight.  By leaving the shutter open(In Bulb Mode) you capture all light.  On this photo I believe the shutter was open for 20 seconds.

 After Diversy Harbor, I went to Navy Pier.  For those of you unfamiliar with Chicago's Navy Pier, there is a huge Ferris Wheel which lights up!



 Chicago really is a beautiful city, especially at night or very early in the morning!

Below is my favorite photo of the evening.  This photo, like the others of the  the Ferris Wheel is taken fro  the East Parking Garage on the top floor.  While in Bulb Mode I did a slow pan of the Ferris Wheel from left to right, I love the results!
 Upon leaving, my original destination was reached.  I have seen many photos of Buckingham Fountain at night, but, I had never taken any for myself.  Like most of my photos, this was taken straight from my computer where the photo  had been downloaded to last night, no editing whatsoever.
 As always, I thank you for looking and hope you enjoyed my photos.  Photography is my passion and would love to become independently wealthy so I could do it full time!  Until that time, Costco calls me...  I can be reached at: mwnphotography@gmail.com.  Until next time...Mike


No comments: