Saturday, August 20, 2011

2011 Chicago Air & Water Show



I, like most adult males who served in the military, love a good air show. The Chicago Air & Water Show is always good, except for one major problem...too many people on the lakefront. Today and tomorrow will be a mess, no matter what the weather is. I try to go each and every year to see if I see something different, and although I never really see anything different, I always seem to have a good time.
For the most part, at least I think that, people are always willing to share, whether it is a bit of their shade thank you Todd & family this year, or space in general, and I think that people are friendly. Last time we went, there were some drunk teenagers acting up and at one point we actually moved to get away from them. The air show always starts out with either the Navy Seals or Army Frogmen parachuting down to the ground...sorry this I don't get; why would someone want to jump out of a perfectly good airplane...sorry NOT ME!




Then came the "Barnstormers", the older Airplanes and their acrobatic thrills in the air. This year there were a couple of different acts with the old time military aircraft.


This years featured act was the Ai
r Force Thunderbirds. Like everything in life, photography is all about being at the right place at the right time. A lot of people had tripods and were using them to steady their hands. When ever I am shooting, I try to do it free-hand because you are not limited to the range of the tripod, especially with something as fast moving as airplanes.

I hope you have enjoyed my photos and hope you will stop back anytime to see more. As always, my photos can be purchased, let me know what you are interested in having and what size and I will get you a price. Thanks again for view and keep coming back!

No comments: