Monday, August 1, 2011

Happiness is being a volunteer...

Oh, what fun it is to be a Volunteer...especially when all I have to do is run around and take pictures. The picture to of the four girls in the China program from last weeks Hands Around the World Camp. As you can see, the Camp isn't just for the adopted children, but, the family, brothers and sisters included.















On my two days off from work last week, I volunteered my time working with this organization. As most of you know, my daughter, Lily, is adopted from China. Hands Around the World is a week long camp for children adopted from other countries. It is really quite nice for the kids. They get to learn things about their native countries, as do all of the volunteers, made up of parents of the children. To the left of the text you will see a picture of a very proud little boy, whose name I never got. When I was walking around, he saw me, sat up a little straighter and smiled at me, almost daring me to take his picture, I love the results.

The kids, at least from the China group all had to look up information on the area where they were adopted from, and tell something important about the Provence they were from, or something their area was known for, such as exporting or importing, the heat or cold, the mountains or rivers.

The children also got to play games, it was not all work, just a chance to get to know children about their same age who came from similar backgrounds. Each group got a shot at a Pinata. As you can see below, I got a pretty good shot of this one being broken...
As always, I want to thank you for viewing my pictures. If you enjoy them, pass this posting or this blog along to friends, please. I have always said you never know where your next job may come from, and any and all referrals, as well as comments, would be appreciated. I can be reached at mwnphotography@gmail.com.

Thanks again,
MWN

No comments: