Saturday, February 2, 2019

Chicago Winters

If you have read my previous posts, you probably realize that I am not a huge fan of the cold and snow.  This week Chicago experienced the Polar Vortex which brought extremely cold weather to the Chicago area, and much of the midwest.  The high temperature for Wednesday, I believe was -13, and with the windchill, the feels like temp was, at times, -40!  In other words, IT WAS FREEZING!  Thankfully, I was off work on Wednesday, Marilou Sullivan Noonan was off as was Lily Noonan off from school.

Friday morning I went out to see if I could get a few shots of a park bench in the north branch of the Cook County Forest Preserves near Northbrook, IL.  Wading through 8" of snow made it difficult to get there, especially since I had to work at 12:30...I never made it, but I did get a few shots along the deer trail I was following.





I love the way the shadows fall on the snow as I was walking toward the sunlight! 

This morning I made the trek down to Chicago from my home in the northwest suburbs.  I went to my usual favorite spot on the Museum Campus and the Adler Planetarium, since it was still cold, but, not nearly the -13 we experienced earlier in the week, but still chilly in the mid 20's.  I was shocked that I was not the only one out early this morning!  It was refreshing to see a Mom & Dad out with their two boys...
 Obviously the boys were having fun!

 From the Lakefront I moved on to the heart of the city and the Chicago River.  Nothing like seeing a river frozen or starting to thaw out...


My favorite shot of the day came from the Museum Campus, just behind the Adler Planetarium, where the sun war sneaking through the tree branches, ironically, it was one of the first photos I took this morning! 


Like most of the photos I shoot, this one is untouched, not manipulated in any way, this is as it came out of the camera!

That is all I have for today, as always, thank you for looking.  If you are interested in any of my photos, please don't hesitate to reach out to me, everything is for sale.  That being said, I own the rights to all of my photos, and none can be used without exclusive permission from me!  I can be reached via email at mwnphotography@gmail.com and by phone at 847.636.9130.

Thanks again, and until next time,

Michael W. Noonan






No comments: