Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Good morning Chicago

Good morning!  For those of you who don't know me very well, I have sleep apnea, so I never really sleep all that well and love to take catnaps.  This morning, I got up at about 4:15 and drove down to Chicago.  I was actually planning on taking photographs at Buckingham Fountain.  Because last weekend was Lollapalooza, Grant Park was completely blocked off for cleanup, and the lights weren't even on at Buckingham Fountain, I actually think the fountain was turned off.  I was a little bummed and started to head home, when I figured I would go to Navy Pier.



Look what I was treated too!


The morning was slightly overcast with clouds, but, stunning in every other way!




The first two shots are looking in toward the city from the north side of Navy Pier, and the third shot is from basically the same position, just facing Lake Michigan.  I might not love everything about the city of Chicago, but we do have a fantastic skyline, especially at sunrise or just before sunrise!




Kids, don't try this!  I pulled up toward a stop light and took a few photos of a car going through the intersection, I liked the result, how about you?


That's all for today, until next time...  As always, comments are welcome, please be kind... If you like my work, please do not hesitate to reach out to me, mwnphotography@gmail.com, or 847.636.9130!






No comments: