Tuesday, February 23, 2010

When life throws you lemons...make lemonade!





Once again, it has been too long since I put fingers to keys, for that I can only apologize!

Lemons:

I have been working and playing to hard to realize how good life is right now, and thankful for all I have in life right now. In November of 2007 I was let go, fired, downsized, or what ever term you want to use, from my mentor in the insurance industry, and I thought I was handed a punch of lemons. I worked for him for 2 1/2 years in this last go around, but, all together I worked for him for 8 1/2 years. For quite sometime I was bitter, both with my former employer, and sad for myself because I was having to depend on my wife's income and the money I made from unemployment. After a while, I grew to enjoy my time more, more to escape what I really did not want to do, which was work hard at something that gave me little or no enjoyment. I also started to realize how great I had it with the ability to spend time with my daughter, the way most fathers would like to do. I have gone on many class field trips and share countless hours with my daughter, certainly more hours than had I been still working in the insurance industry.
I've made Lemonade.

How do we survive? Thankfully, as I have posted here before, I went to work for Costco part-time. Will I always be part-time, I certainly hope not, but, working part-time allows me the freedom to pursue my passion of photography, does it help pay the bills, not yet, but, I feel very strongly that someday it will. I do a lot of volunteer work taking photos, and will eventually figure out how to turn that into some real money.

You can see from my photos that I have a pretty wide range of interests, I love the outdoors and love the opportunity to go hiking/exploring for places people or things to photograph. I hate the cold and the snow of winter, I have learned to adapt, and work on getting outdoors as much as possible. One of my wife's favorite photos is attached, she says it reminds her of a tigers mouth.

I hope you enjoy this photos as much as I enjoyed taking them. I will end with one of my favorite quotes:

I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see.
John Burroughs

No comments: