Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Forest Preserves of Cook County

Ah fall...the turning of the leaves and the falling of the leaves.  I really don't mind Fall, I just don't necessarily like what comes after Fall...WINTER, UGH!  This year it seems as though the colors are coming through later and later.  Yesterday I went exploring in the Forest Preserves of Cook County in Northbrook, IL.

While hiking, I could not help but think of one of my favorite photographers, Ansel Adams.  So with him in mind, I converted some of my favorite photos from yesterday to B & W. 

 I realize I am no Ansel Adams, but, I sure had fun with these photos!


 One of my favorite things is photographing unsuspecting people, such as the bicyclist below.
 Finally seeing some colors below.

 When I saw this tree, I immediately thought of a family portrait, possibly with the kids sitting up on the branch with the parents holding on to them for dear life!
 You may see a common theme in my blog, in the fact that I love benches, mostly the ones that are empty, like the one below.  This one was obviously created with recycling in mind!
 More colors against the backdrop of the stump below.
 Below is one of my favorite shots of the day.  I got down low to take this photo from a different perspective.  I love how the leaves pop out at you in this shot below...
 As I have said before, I love taking photos of unsuspecting people.  I cam upon this child posing for Mom and another photographer.  Since they could not see me, I took this photo of the child myself.  I love the contrast of the red pants against the browns and yellows!
 I consider myself very approachable.  When I am out shooting usually I will see and talk to anyone I encounter, that is just who I am.  When I started my hike for the day I saw the women below getting out of their car with the children, I of course said hello.  On my way back to my car they were taking photos near the parking lot.  They asked if I would take a group shot of them.  Since we were close enough I suggested walking back to the trail where I had seen this stump earlier.  I took a few with their camera and asked if I could take one with mine.  I showed them the difference and I think they were a little shocked.  I almost always shoot in Manual Mode, their camera was set to Auto.
I love the smirk on the older boys face and the unsure look on the little girls face!  Get out and explore the world, or at least the world around you!  Fall is a wonderful time of year to do just that, not to hot, not to cold...almost perfect.  I hope you enjoyed my little hike through the Forest Preserves of Cook County in Northbrook, IL.  As always, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED and are the property of mwnphotography, and/or me, Michael W. Noonan.  If you like my photos reach out and tell me, as I said above I am very approachable.  I can be reached via email at mwnphotography@gmail.com, or via phone at 847.636.9130.  Thanks for viewing!

No comments: