Saturday, June 25, 2011

Waterfall Lily

There comes a time in everyone's life, or most peoples lives when they become passionate about something. The two things I am most passionate about are my daughter and my photography. Likely for me, most of the time my daughter cooperates with me and my need to take photographs...most of the time. I took this first picture a few weeks ago at Starved Rock State Park while hiking with Lily. This picture turned out so well that I did not even have to photoshop in anyway shape or form, it was perfect the way it was. This is one of those once in a lifetime shots!

What can be said about Lily, beautiful, smart, athletic all around good kid. I say that now because she is nine, but, the fun is going to start soon, those wonderful things known as the teenage years.

I took this next photo while hiking in the Cook County Forest Preserves just north of the city of Chicago. The day was slightly overcast, so I had to tweak the photo a little bit in photoshop, but, not much.





As you can tell, my taste varies from what some may consider a great shot or good shot to what one might think is a bad shot. This next shot is one of my favorites, I am not sure why, but, it just grabbed me. This photo was taken on a field trip with my daughters class. The day was overcast and raining and the window was a little fogged up. Do you like this shot? Let me know what you think, please!

My favorite three girls are in this next photo, my daughter (Duh), and two of her cousins, Grace and Callie.

The same week we went to Starved Rock, we went to Kettle Moraine State Forest in Wisconsin. Lily and I went with Robbie and his daughter's and we met Mary and her daughter up there. I had always heard about Kettle Moraine, and will go back up there for sure. This next photo I call "Girls just want to have fun..."


As always, I appreciate any and all feedback. I thank you for viewing, and check back when you can. I don't post as often as I take photos, but, when I find a few worthy I like to share. Thanks again for looking. MWN

No comments: