Thursday, October 21, 2010

Illinois State Parks, Cook & Lake County, IL. Forest Preserves

I found the first photo that I took to be the ultimate in contradiction. The sign says No Dumping, and it had the bra on it, and I had to take the shot. This photo was taken down near Starved Rock.








The second shot shown was taken while on a random hike, not unlike the other butterflies I have shot, but, this was not taken in a controlled atmosphere.














This next shot was taken of my lovely bride Marilou as we were waiting to see Crosby, Stills & Nash at Ravinia this summer. This was my Father's Day present from Marilou and the lovely Lily.














I absolutely love my third shot here, taken in Ryerson Woods Forest Preserve, in Lake County, IL. I don't know who was more surprised to see whom, myself or the deer. As I have said in previous blogs, those who know me and have read my stuff and viewed my photos, will realize that I love to hike and take photos.






Not being originally from Illinois, it has taken me nearly 25 years living here to realize just how beautiful the areas surrounding Chicago area. The last picture here, I took yesterday. If you did not know any better, you might think Squire Squirrel is posing for me! My name for this photo was, "I can't talk right now, I've got an acorn in my mouth."

As you can see from my previous posts, I don't write nearly as much as I would like to or need to, but, that is because, as most of you reading this probably know, life is hectic. With working a full-time job (Finally, thank you Costco), and helping raise an eight year old, there are never as many hours in the day to do the things you really want to do! There is much to do in Northern Illinois, hiking with a camera just adds to the adventure.

Thanks for viewing and keep checking back...

No comments: